Monday, 6 February 2012

Lovepedal Eternity Burst - SIP8 inline opamp

After a thread on Freestompboxes, I thought it would be interesting to try out a few layouts using inline opamps and see how they compare in board size.  Tayda sell the NJM4558 which would be perfect for a lot of these effects and so I thought it would be good to see how the layout looked for an Eternity Burst as I have a recent DIP8 layout to compare to.  As you can see in this I managed to save 3 columns on the vero compared to the DIP8 layout I posted today, but an extra row was needed.  I'm sure a lot more space could be saved by people who don't have the aversion to standing resistors that I do, so this would be a good option for some people, especially for high parts count circuits.



8 comments:

  1. Built this today, works great, but looks like Tone 1 & 3 need to be swapped, and Drive 2 should be connected to Drive 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After tracking down the gremlins in mine, I got it working(cold joint)
    It sounds great for a fairly simple build. Can't remember if I changed the tone but did reverse the gain lugs as Alan suggested above.
    Funny side note: It took me forever to find my way back to this layout. I bought the IC and could not remember what I planned to build with it to save my life. I finally came across it and happy I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was positive I'd already updated this layout. Now done, thanks for the reminder

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone have a schematic for the Roadhouse variant?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys i am having an issue with my build when I turn the tone control almost fully clockwise I start to get some oscillations. Twiddling the guitar volume and tone controls alters the frequency of the oscillations. It happens with a battery or power supply. I saw someone on diy stompboxes that had the same issue but it never was resolved. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys i am having an issue with my build when I turn the tone control almost fully clockwise I start to get some oscillations. Twiddling the guitar volume and tone controls alters the frequency of the oscillations. It happens with a battery or power supply. I saw someone on diy stompboxes that had the same issue but it never was resolved. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Does pin 1 on the IC go towards the top side of the board? eg towards the ground rail side or towards the diode section side?

    ReplyDelete